Our fresh Cockles have been sustainably caught from Poole Harbour - a large natural harbor in Dorset, where most of it isn't deep and with plenty of mud, making it the perfect habitat for the cockles to thrive.
Our Cockles are a popular shellfish and a favourite among chefs, as they offer the freshest flavours of the ocean. Along with the tempting flavours, the cockles are also easy to prepare and cook by simply steaming or boiling. With its distinctive sweet and salty flavours and beautiful shell colours, our Cockles are a perfect addition to every dish.
- Sourced from Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified supply
- 850g - 1kg bag which will serve 2-4 (*please note, live shellfish can lose some weight in transit)
- Delivered cleaned and purified, ready to cook at home
- Live shellfish has a limited shelf life, please enjoy within 2 days of delivery
Storage & Cooking:
- As a live product, we recommend consuming as soon as possible, so it is advised to enjoy within 2 days of delivery
- Place your Cockles in a bowl, cover with a damp cloth (to stop them from drying out) and place in the fridge. Do not store them submerged in tap water as they will die
- Discard any Cockles that are open, and do not close when lightly tapped
- Do not freeze raw product
- Cockles are a mollusc, and therefore an allergen